Here is my younger daughter doing her school homework. She was unaware that I was taking some pictures of her while she is busy studying.




Having two daughters that really love school brings me a feeling of relief. I am really thankful and overjoyed whenever I see my two daughters this way because I know that fewer and fewer Filipino children are enjoying school these days. Watching them sacrificing some Primetime T.V. shows just to finish their assignments brings joy to me as their mom. Add to that the fact that nobody forces them to do what they are doing everyday. It's a voluntary thing for them when it comes to school tasks.

The Philippines has a very high literacy rate but also has a high unemployment rate. The competition to get a decent job is really high and there's virtually no opportunities in our country for someone who hasn't got a college degree. I know that the best tool in life that my daughters will have is applied education. It always brings pain in my heart to see street children in our city out of school and begging for pennies. I couldn't imagine my children doing the very same thing.

0 comments