Long Hair For My Daughters

Posted by Thess Ortinez | 8:01 AM | | 0 comments »

These two photos show how long are my daughters' hair. While most women today do not place great value on having long hair, I am one of those who still places great value on women that do have long hair.

There are two reasons why I let my daughters grow their hair long. First is for aesthetic reason. No offense to women with short hair, but I do find long hair more attractive for women. I firmly believe that having long hair is very womanly and is something that can greatly enhance a lady's personality. Long hair, with proper care and accessories, is really a beautiful thing to behold.

Second, and more importantly, is for spiritual reason. I and my family are Apostolic Christians. It is a part of our faith system that women should have long hair. It is Biblical as it is written in 1 Corinthians 11. While I do avoid debates as to this matter, I am pretty sure that the Bible, which my family believes to be God's Word, do solemnly declare that women ought to have long hair. Some would think this to be an old culture that is not applicable in our times, but I believe that all truths in the Bible are applicable to any point in time.



My elder daughter Micah who is now 8 years old, has recently won the Longest Hair Contest on our United Pentecostal Church Philippines, Central Luzon District, Kiddie Camp. Her hair has never been cut since the day of her birth.




Frenchesca Love, my younger daughter who's 4 years old, also has hair that has never been cut since she was born.

0 comments